RECIPE: Easily-Baked Cannabis Infused Sugar Cookies
The Holidays are officially here and what a better time than to gather the friends for some 420 friendly festivities. During any other canna-gathering a nice blunt or doobies will do but it’s the holidays, time to get creative and into the christmas spirit! A winter classic, Sugar Cookies are a great present for any friend or family that are looking to feel a little more ‘elevated’ this holiday season. With this easy-to-do cannabis infused sugar cookies recipe, you’ll be able to create the prefect and high-ly decorated sweets for your stoner pals. Just be sure everyone knows about and is Ok with the special ingredient before you pass them out!
Easily-Baked Cannabis Infused Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup of softened cannabis butter
- 2 ¾ cups of all-purpose
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ cups of white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For The Frosting:
- 3 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 3 - 4 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp light corn syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Candies and sprinkles for decorating as you please!
- Gather supplies and preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- While the oven heats, prepare the dough. In a small mixing bowl, add the flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Separately in a large bowl, mix together the cannabutter and sugar until the mixture is a creamy and smooth substance.
- Beat in an egg and vanilla extract into the butter & sugar mixture.
- Slowly mix together the dry ingredients into the large bowl of wet ingredients until fully combined.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or non-stick oil spray. Use a regular spoon to make two-inch mounds of dough across the pan leaving two-inches in between each unbaked cookie.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until cookies are light golden in color.
- Remove them from the oven and set your fresh cookies on a flat surface for cooling.
- While your cookies are cooling, make the frosting. Combine sugar, milk, corn syrup, and vanilla extract in a medium-sized bowl and mix. *Pro Tip: add a teaspoon or two of cannabutter to thicken the frosting and add extra potency.
- Decorate cookies with frosting and colored sugar as desired. Enjoy!
By: Natalya Upshur