Sipping Your Sativa With Cannabis Smoothies
Creative smoothies are all the rage these days: they’re delicious, healthy, and easy to make. You can enjoy them at any time of the day, they can be made sweet and creamy or tart and refreshing, and they’re useful for disguising the flavors of our not-so-favorite vegetables. Add some cannabutter or raw cannabis juice to the blender and you’ve got yourself a true super-meal. We searched the web for the tastiest cannabis-infused smoothies we could find. Here they are:
Blueberry Banana Smoothie
1 cup whole blueberries
1/2 cup coconut water
1 tablespoon flax seeds
2-4 fresh cannabis buds
2 large strawberries
1/2 cup regular almond milk
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 tablespoon hemp seeds
1. Peel the banana and cut slices.
2. Freeze the chopped banana and other fruits before blending to help keep the drink cold for longer period of time.
3. Wash the cannabis thoroughly to get rid of excess residue.
4. Add all the ingredients to the blender.
5. Blend well until the mixture appears smooth.
6. Consume within 15 minutes to get the best taste.
The chia seeds gel up and add taste to the mix whereas the hemp and flax seeds give the smoothie a rich and nutty flavor. You can omit any of the seeds depending on your taste preferences.
Honey Berry Smoothie
2 tablespoons cannabutter
2 cups milk
1/3 cup half-and-half
1/2 cup whole fat unflavored Greek vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup frozen strawberries
2 teaspoons honey
3 ice cubes
1. Melt cannabutter in a saucepan (use low heat).
2. Place melted butter in the blender.
3. Add milk, Greek yogurt, half-and-half, blueberries, strawberries, banana and honey.
4. Blend the mixture until it appears smooth.
5. Stop the blender and add ice cubes.
6. Blend until smooth and creamy.
Using the cannabutter adds a rich and creamy taste to the smoothie but if you do not have the butter available, you can use fresh cannabis leaves as an alternative. Amount of ice cubes and homey can be changed according to individual preferences.
Mango Banana Smoothie
1/2 peeled mango, chopped
1 cup whole fat unflavored Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon agave syrup or honey
1/2 banana, chopped
1/2 inch wedge of lemon with peel
2-3 tablespoons cannabis juice
3 ice cubes
1. Juice the cannabis leaves using a masticating juicer. Put the juice in an ice tray and freeze overnight. Do not leave juice in freezer more than one night.
2. Add all the ingredients to the blender.
3. Blend well until the mixture appears smooth.
Use ice cubes, honey and lemon according to individual preferences.
No matter what kind of smoothie you are making, you can always add some fresh cannabis leaves or some fresh cannabis juice if you have any on hand. There are many nutritional benefits to incorporating fresh cannabis into your diet, which Herban Planet discusses here. If you don’t want to get high off your smoothie, make sure that you pulse the blender when you add the leaves. If you allow it to run, there’s a minuscule chance the blades will heat up enough to decarboxylate your cannabis.
So, try out the above cannabis infused recipes and see which one's your favorite. Then, head to the local farmer's market and pick up some beautiful summer fruit. Get creative and come up with your own signature cannabis-infused smoothie!