Top 5 Medical Benefits of Using a Dry Herb Vaporizer
The cannabis industry is booming, and the demand for access to this broad-spectrum treatment and the recreational drug is higher than ever. CBD wholesale suppliers are finally allowed to meet the needs of patients and customers around the world. There is finally immediate access to high-quality vaporizers, vape juice oil, cartridges, capsules and more. Buds from the best growers around the world are also there and ready for anyone who is living in a place where it is legal and these locations are growing in number by the day. Across the world, people are waking up to the reality that cannabis is here for good. With the ever-growing legalization comes the chance to smoke in public in a socially acceptable way. Portable dry herb vaporizers are convenient, practical and much healthier than other types of smoking. Here’s a look at the top 5 medical benefits of using a dry herb vaporizer.
Vaping dry herb is healthier than vape juice
Vaping dry herb directly also means that you're getting absolutely no heavy metals and silicates sometimes known to be present in trace elements in certain types of vape oil. There are no solvents such as propylene glycol or diethylene glycol. This also means that you're completely safe from toxic carbonyls such as formaldehyde, acetaldehyde, butanol and even in certain cases butanol. Vapor is not smoke which means that the second-hand "smoke" is non-harmful. In many cases, you don't even see the vapor that you're inhaling, and the smell dissipates within seconds. Vaping is much easier on your lungs than smoking and even healthier than using vape oils and cartridges. Even when one compares smoking cigarettes to vaping nicotine, the toxic compounds are drastically lower. With no nicotine and nothing but a herb, you don't need to worry about many of the potential pitfalls of this healthier habit.
Vaping gives you the full effects of your herbs
Smoking comes with many toxic compounds. As plant matter burns you lose up to 40% of the active constituents. Also, when direct heat burns your herb tar forms which stress respiratory health as it is inhaled. Vaping is a far healthier alternative to smoking cannabis or other herbs through a pipe, self-rolled marijuana cigarette, or a bong. Vaporizers for dry herb use either conduction or convection to vaporize herbs and plant matter. Cannabis begins to vaporize at 356°F. Between this temperature and 392°F the optimal amount of terpenes and cannabinoids release. Above 420°F, THC begins to burn to destroy it and the other vital compounds present in cannabis. A standard BIC lighter burns at roughly 3590°F, or 1977° Celsius. This means that smoking cannabis or other herbs in a conventional manner results in smoke made up of 88% non-cannabinoids.
Vaping leaves you with 95% cannabinoids and 5% natural terpenes. The quality of therapeutics and the high are all lost when too much heat is applied, leaving you with toxic byproducts instead of nothing but beneficial cannabinoids like is received when vaping. You’re not inhaling any smoke just vapor.
Vaping cannabis and CBD holds many inherent health benefits
As CBD and full spectrum treatments receive more and more interest, doctors are beginning to discover a profound range of health benefits. Medical marijuana is legal in 50 states around the US thanks to the many ways that is has proven useful in therapeutics and the treatment of emotional distress. Cannabis is an effective treatment for pain management, chronic inflammation, anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, and it inhibits mental degeneration & even holds potential as a cancer preventative.
The American Cancer Society confirms that cannabinoids slow the growth rate of certain types of cancer and are also known to stop cancer from metastasizing to other areas of the body. Marijuana is connected to beneficial treatment results across a range of conditions. It is highly effective for the prevention of neurological diseases like Alzheimer's and Parkinson’s. Regular use relieves the pain and inflammation of arthritis. It is also an effective treatment for glaucoma.
From stimulating a healthy appetite to effectively treating inflammatory bowel disease, Crohn's disease, trauma, concussions, and even helping stimulate wakeful energy and sleep, cannabis benefits the whole body. Vaping is the most efficient way of receiving the full health effects of your marijuana.
You’ve got a full range of medicinal herbs to vape
The first thing that comes to mind when considering a vaporizer for dry herb is cannabis, but did you know that you can vape lots of other healthy herbs as well? That’s right, marijuana isn’t the only plant with health benefits. Here are a few of the most popular herbs to vape with their optimal vaping temperature and their potential benefits according to anecdotal reports:
- Damiana - 374°F - Damiana is a potent smelling herb believed to be an aphrodisiac while also strengthening the nervous system and it reduces menstrual cramps
- Catnip - 302°F - Catnip is an effective sleep aid subtly promoting relaxation
- Valerian - 455°F - Valerian is an effective sedative that works better when vaporized than when used in teas or tinctures
- Passion Flower - 309°F - Passionflower works as a light anti-depressive, and it has mild sedative effects
- Lavender - 266°F - Lavender tastes great and stimulates healthy blood circulation while relaxing the muscles and combating depression. It’s also antibacterial and antiseptic as well
- Lemon Balm - 288°F - Lemon balm relieves stress within the nervous system which makes it a great treatment for headaches and migraines
- St. John’s Wort - 302 °F - St. John’s Wort is a highly effective antidepressant which rivals prescription medication. Vaping brings out its sedative effects so reduce your dosage according to your required effects
- Chamomile - 374°F - Chamomile relaxes and acts as a mild sedative while improving the health of your immune system
- Green Tea - 352°F - Green tea provides a stimulating effect thanks to the effective release of caffeine with a faster onset than coffee
- White Sage - 374°F - White sage eases the pain of inflammation, and it has antiseptic effects which make it a great treatment for throat and mouth infections
- Peppermint - 330°F - Peppermint relieves muscle spasms easing tension throughout the body while also having antiseptic effects
- Lemongrass - 374°F - Lemongrass induces a buzz of its own thanks to the presence of myrcene which synergizes well with marijuana relieving anxiety and promoting a relaxed state
You get a faster onset from less herb when vaping
Vaping cannabis and other herbs are far more efficient than other means of administration. As discussed earlier, you don’t lose any of the vital cannabinoids or THC as there is no direct heat and combustion involved. Vaping grants a faster onset of effects which is great for both recreational and medicinal users, and you need to use less herb to reach your desired effect.
Over the long term, the savings can sure add up while many people find that they prefer the feeling of the onset due to it being less mind-altering than other ways of using cannabis. Instead of having to metabolize the key compounds from your herbs over a prolonged period which ends up requiring far more plant matter being ingested or smoked, vaping releases a high concentration with high bioavailability. Without needing to use more plant matter than you need, you’re only vaping the essential amount of herb to reach the benefits that you’re looking for.
What to Look for in a Portable Vape
Now that you know the benefits and uses of a dry herb vape you need to know what to look for. Variable temperature control is not supplied on all vapes, but it certainly helps you get the most out of your unit. Different densities of plant matter and different types of cannabis/herbs will need varying temperatures to reach their optimal point of vaporization. Cheap units lock you to a default which may be good enough for some but certainly not for those looking for precise benefits. Secondly, if you want the best portable vaporizer, then you have to get one that features convection heating. This guarantees that heat passes through the herb granting even temperature control and an even lower risk of combustion. You don't get more efficient than a convection vape but they do take longer to warm up.