Marijuana Business Services
About Cannabiz Media
Businesses and investors are eager to dive into the cannabis industry, but inconsistent state-by-state licensing and operating procedures are creating a steep barrier to entry. At Cannabiz Media our mission is simple: to bring order to the chaos. Led by a team of content, data, and technical experts, we aim to unite the necessity of lead generation with the functionality of a user-friendly CRM for the North American marijuana industry. The end result streamlines our clients’ workflows and places prospects in the palms of their hands. The Cannabiz Media License Tracking Database is the only source for information on cannabis licenses, applications, license holders, and decision makers. We track over 19,000 marijuana licenses across 28 states plus Canada for cultivators, manufacturers, transporters, dispensaries, and retailers. Our user-friendly platform has been designed with endless capabilities and is armed with powerful tools all geared toward helping you grow your business.
- - 8352 cultivators
- - 3777 manufacturers
- - 4778 dispensaries
- - 4952 retailers
- Larry Schwartz
- Co-Founder and President
- Larry Schwartz is a co-founder and President of Cannabiz Media and directs our sales, business development and technology operations. Larry has guided numerous media ventures, from start-up through growth, development and maturity, including Tickets.com (Acquired by MLB Advanced Media), Bolenka Games Online (Trivial Pursuit(R) Online), GFI Group (Nasdaq:GFIG – Financial), Wizard World (Publishing), Patron Technology, and Newstex. Larry has spent the last ten years building content and data licensing businesses. He is an expert in licensing new forms of content like blogs and twitter to traditional businesses. These products provide professionals with new competitive, business and sales intelligence insights. Larry attended Bates College and the Yale University Graduate School of Drama. He served on the Content Board of Directors for the Software Information Industry Association for eleven years, and is a frequent speaker on content, product development, start-ups and turnarounds. When he’s not adding value to data and content, Larry is a show manager for hunter/jumper horse shows, is on the Board of Directors for the Connecticut Horse Show Association. Larry, a confirmed gadget geek and cyclist, also spends time on Broadway with his theatrical agent wife and two daughters.
- Ed Keating
- Co-Founder and Chief Data Officer
- Ed Keating is a co-founder of Cannabiz Media and oversees our data research and government relations efforts. He has spent his whole career working with and advising information companies in the compliance space. Ed has overseen complex multijurisdictional product lines in the securities, corporate, UCC, safety, environmental and human resource markets and focuses on workflow products. Ed has spent the last twenty five years in the information industry. During that time he has worked for both startup and established information companies where he has led marketing, product management and sales organizations. These companies include Wolters Kluwer/Commerce Clearing House, CT Corporation, EDGAR Online and Business & Legal Reports. At Cannabiz Media Ed enjoys the challenge of working with regulators across the country as he and his team gather corporate, financial, and license information to track the people, products and businesses in the cannabis economy. Ed graduated from Hamilton College and received his MBA from the Kellogg School at Northwestern University. He has been active with the Software & Information Industry Association for his whole career and managed the Content Division for six years. He’s was recently a Trustee at the Country School in Madison CT and a Little League Coach for seven years. When not being a compliance information wonk he spends time with his wife and teenage son cycling, running and making homemade pizza.
- Chris Moyer
- Chief Technology Officer
- Chris Moyer is a graduate of Rochester Institute of Technology, with a bachelor degree in Software Engineering. Chris has over 10 years experience in programming with a main emphases in cloud computing. He has experience working in the cloud as the Vice President of Technology for Newstex, LLC. Chris lives in the Cleveland Ohio area.
- Chris spent much of his early cloud computing time working on the very popular boto client library for communicating with Amazon Web Services. He studied under the creator of boto, Mitch Garnaat. He then went on to create several applications based entirely on Cloud Computing with boto, and eventually branched out into other Cloud providers.
- He is a frequent contributor and expert for Tech target, as well as the author of the book “Building Applications in the Cloud”, a book dedicated to not just simply moving applications to Cloud Computing, but instead he goes into details of how to actually integrate your applications into a Cloud environment so that it can be truly successful.
- When he’s not building applications, writing books, or contributing to Tech Target, Chris is also a photographer who enjoys taking photos of minor league baseball with his dog Frank and wife Lynn.
- - Contact and license information
- - Email campaigns
- - Daily alerts
- - Social connections