Philip E. Wolfson, MD
Marijuana Doctors/Certification Services in San Anselmo
About Philip E. Wolfson, MD
Dr. Wolfson is a psychiatrist and psychotherapist with over 40 years of experience. I provide medical marijuana assessment and treatment planning for those 21 and over.
Meet the Doctor
- Brandeis University, BA 1964.
- New York University School of Medicine, MD 1968.
- Licensed to practice medicine in California and Washington, DC.
- Began practicing psychotherapy in 1966 and psychiatry in 1972.
- Extensive post-graduate training in family systems theory and practice, group psychotherapy, psychoanalytic psychotherapy, CBT.
- Extensive experience in Forensic psychiatry-as psychiatric consultant and expert witness in complex cases where psychiatric expertise is necessary; workers comp including AME; sodium amytal interviewing.
- Directed an alternative hospital for psychiatric care in the public sector with focus on family support, process work and alternatives to medication — Laingian in orientation and non-pathologizing.
- Founding member of SEN, the Spiritual Emergency Network
- Taught in three Bay Area graduate schools in psychology, formerly Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at UCSF.
- Practiced MDMA (Ecstasy) psychotherapy in legal period and published on its use in psychotherapy. Founding - - Member of Heffter Research Institute.
- Principle Investigator—MAPS sponsored MDMA and Life Threatening Illness Study.
- Writer—Numerous articles on Buddhism, Psychedelics, Spirituality, Progressive Politics, Violence.
- I have been a Vajrayana Buddhist practitioner and am involved in the development of Secular Buddhism.
- Ran an R&D nutricutical company Phytos and wrote and had issued 5 patents in herbal medicine. Extensive experience in complementary medicine.
- Founder and Director of Energy Focus, Inc (EFOI) the largest developer and manufacturer of fiberoptic lighting and a main force company in developing energy efficient green lighting solutions.
- I practice Extreme Gardening and design and make furniture and other objects from wood and stone.